3D Cut Paper
- Sept. 20th - Oct 11th, Saturdays 10am-12pm
- Ages: 7-12
- Cost: $75
- Inspired by the works of Jorge Rosano and the ancient Otomi cut-out paper art, students will learn about ancient symbols and Day of the Dead while creating a large-scale, 3D cut paper collage during these 4 sessions.
- To register, please call: 312-433-3908
Day of the Dead Poster: Screen Printing on Paper
Sorry, this class is full.
- Oct. 18th- Nov. 8th, Saturdays 11am – 2pm
- Ages: Adults 18 & over
- Cost: $40/person CPDU’s Available. Space is limited. All materials included.
- Create your own Day of the Dead poster inspired by this year’s exhibition Rito y Recuerdo. Learn the basic foundations of screen printing while creating engaging imagery and hand pull your own Day-of-the-Dead- themed poster. Featured Artist: Antonio Pazarán
- To register, please call: 312-433-3913
PRE-SCHOOL FAMILY WORKSHOP
- Friday, October 24th, 12:00–1:30 p.m.
- Ages: 3–5
- Cost: $20/Family (max. 4 members)
- Bring your toddler to an age-appropriate learning environment in the gallery and art studio and create a mini Day of the Dead altar together!
- To register, please call: (312) 433-3943
- Cost: $5 per person
- Decorating Sugar Skulls
- Sept. 28th, 10am – 11:30am and 12pm – 1:30pm
- Oct. 19th, 10am – 11:30am and 12pm – 1:30pm
Family Sunday Sugar Skull Decorating is SOLD OUT, but you can still get a beautiful sugar skull decorated by the Mondragon family at the Museum. They'll even write your name on it!
- Day of the Dead Evening
- Saturday November 1st, 3pm to 5pm
- Join us for a special viewing day accompanied by art and hands-on activities.
ART FRIDAYS with Featured Artist Eric García
- $40 / person. Space is limited. All materials included.
- Ages: 21 & Over
- To register, please call: 312-433-3918
- Oct. 17th, 6-8pm
- Enjoy light refreshments throughout the evening as you explore your creativity and enrich your cultural awareness. Learn about papel picado, the intricate cut-out flags that adorn Mexican festivals, by creating cut-out imagery.
- Oct 24th, 6-8pm
- Explore your creativity by creating an original still life painting. Great for first time painters, this session will focus on the basic painting techniques such as composition and mixing colors.
VISITAS GUIADAS AL PÚBLICO
- Saturdays, 12pm English, 1pm español
- September 27, October 18, November 22, and December 13
- Suggested Donation $5/person
TEACHER OPEN HOUSE
- Thursday, October 16th, 4:00–7:00 pm
- Suggested Donation $5/person, CPDUs Available
- Experience a guided tour of this year’s exhibition, learn hands-on art activities, and receive supplemental material for Day of the Dead.
- To register, please call (312) 433-3943